Best answer

Multiple zap halted - Google drive to update Notion database item

• 6 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi guys!

So my head is currently exploding trying to solve this issue:

I have a Jetform request form that i zap into creating a database item in my Notion

After the submission, the form creates a folder in my Google drive containing form uploads as well as a PDF form file

i need this folder link to be embedded in the previously created database item in Notion

i tried to set up a zap with 4 steps 

1/Jetform new submission fetch (Successful)

2/Notion database item creation (Successful)

3/Google drive find folder (halted)

4/Notion update database item with folder embed link (halted)

any help guys? :(

icon

Best answer by urbanoasis 7 July 2023, 06:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @urbanoasis 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how each Zap Step is configured to give us more context, along with any encountered errors.

Userlevel 1
Badge

step 1

step 2

step 3

it seems that the zap run so fast that it doesn't catch the file when it is created

step 4 

it finds the database successfully now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@urbanoasis 

Step 3 had nothing found for the search in GDrive.

Step 4 ran because it didn’t rely on data from a previous step that was unsuccessful.

Step 5 which relies on data from a previous step was skipped as a result.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi again!

So i successfully solved this by simply adding a delay step for 3 minutes before finding the folder in Google drive so it give time for the folder creation

attached the zap run for anyone having the same challenge

if anyone needs more info just contact me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @urbanoasis,

That's fantastic news! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you were able to sort out the issue. Your willingness to share the solution is truly appreciated, as it will benefit our amazing Community members who might encounter a similar situation.

If you have any more questions or need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always here and more than happy to help you out! 😊