Question

Multiple new files in OneDrive folder not triggering zap

Hi

We have a zap setup to trigger when a new file is found in a onedrive folder, then this document is uploaded into our document management system.

However the issue is that not all new files are being recognised/found, and therefore many documents are not being uploaded.

The files are generated from another software program that is scanning a batch of files, splitting them into smaller files and then outputting those files into the OneDrive folder. Quite often there are 3-4 files generated every minute for a period of 10-20 minutes.

For these 20 files, only 5-6 of them are triggering the zap to start.

Is there a way to get the zap to trigger for all files that are output to that onedrive folder?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kara388 

Good question.

Some things to check…

1. Zap Runs: Are there any errors?
  2. Are you able to isolate which Files do/don’t trigger?
    1. Is there a common denominator?

Hi Troy

No errors unfortunately -

I haven’t been able to determine a common factor, aside from the possibility that there are too many new files in a short period of time for Zapier to recognise?

For example this morning over a period of 1.5 hours there were 30 new files in the OneDrive folder, however the zap has only triggered 5 times

The files are all pdf’s, being generated from the same source and with similar file names. Some of the file names are quite long, which I thought may be an issue. However there are files with shorter names not uploading, and I am not seeing any error messages anywhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kara388 

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Kara388 How was this issue resolved? I am having similar challenge.