Skip to main content
Question

Multiple issues with Zapier over past two weeks

• 6 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m checking to see if anyone else is having multiple issues with Zapier over the past 2 - 3 weeks, because I’m encountering multiple failures.  I use Zapier to automate bill and expense entry into QuickBooks Online primarily for my business.  I use for my clients sparingly so far.  Been doing this for over a year now adding new zaps here and there and occasionally fixing small issues when they come up. I’ve been pretty psyched about Zapier the whole time; until recently.  

In the last two weeks, The Microsoft Sharepoint app quit working.  It took 4 - 5 days of back and forth with Zapier support to finally be told there is a new app and I’m using the old one.  That’s what I figured happened from the get-go, but they took the scenic route to get to the same conclusion.  For whatever reason, they cannot automatically push the new app into the zaps?  So, we have to go into multiple zaps to reconnect.  

While we’re updating the zaps for the new Sharepoint connection, low and behold, the QuickBooks Online (QBO) app no longer works.  I see it’s slapped with a new label (Legacy) and there is another QBO app you have to connect too.  Fantastic!  So, I have to reconnect multiple QBO apps for each QBO account I’m using and when I start to update a zap with that new QBO app, it is unusable.  It cannot search into the QBO file for vendor names, etc.  I tried multiple companies and get the same issue.  So, I reach out to support, which they are working on it to figure out what’s going on.  

As they're doing that I updated a zap to change from one subfolder in Sharepoint to a new one.  And, no dropdown (via Sharepoint connection) shows up.  I get a message I should reconnect, which I’m already connected and reconnecting doesn’t help.  

Am I the only one dealing with these issues right now?  If I am, why are we seeing so many issues with different apps all of the sudden?  If I’m not the only one, why haven’t I seen a bulletin from Zapier or other users? I have some complaints and general questions.  

• I am trying to understand why we don’t get notifications when an app is degraded and another is replacing it. 
  • Further, can they tell us what is changing from the old app to the new? 
  • What kind of testing do these apps and app upgrades go through before releasing? 
  • Can Zapier provide an option for a user to accept the new app, so you don’t have to back through multiple zaps to fix?
  • Is there a “health” page for Zapier indicating the health of Zapier itself and its connections with each of the apps? 

Like many people, I don’t like to be in the dark unable to fix issues when they come up.  I’m no coder, but I know how to set apps and zaps up and enjoy the process.  The problem is once you have many zaps up, managing them is already a bit of a challenge.  When the wheels start to fall off most of your automations suddenly, it is disconcerting and frustrating at best to wait days or more to still not know what exactly happened and how to fix them.  

Any advice is welcome on this and I’d really, really like to know who else has experienced the same thing in the past few weeks.  

Thanks for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Chuck Underwood 

Zapier Status page to check for ongoing/recent incidents: https://status.zapier.com

Legacy version of Zap apps can continue to work unless those are being deprecated.

Help article about how to update Zap app versions in a Zap step: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/18755649454989-Update-to-the-latest-app-version-in-Zaps

Most Zap apps are created and managed by the app developers using the Zapier Developer platform, but there is no public indicator as to which Zap apps Zapier owns.

Zapier has been working to migrate Zap apps to the latest version of the Zapier Developer Platform:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/25841790519181-Migrating-apps-to-the-latest-Zapier-Platform-what-you-need-to-know#h_01HV9BR4V5HK81SFKMVN4F04XQ

Feedback and feature requests can be shared via a ticket to Zapier Support to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Often faster to ask for and get help here in the Zapier Community.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response!  At this point there is an issue with the QuickBooks Online application.  I was told it was a “known” issue they are working on.  Unfortunately, you can no longer use the Legacy app, so we’re stuck until Zapier support fixes the issue.  

I've been experiencing several issues with Zapier lately, including unclear error messages that make it hard to troubleshoot, connection issues between Zapier and my connected food apps on Menudale that cause delays and failures, and Zaps that simply fail to trigger or complete successfully, forcing me to resort to manual workarounds. Thanks an expert of Zapier solved this issue somehow