Best answer

Multiple image URLs from Jotform is not being recognized by Looping by Zapier.

• 28 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there! This is my first time working with Looping by Zapier and I’m having an issue with it but I’m not convinced it has anything to do with the Looping app as much as it does the trigger app. Here’s my scenario: I want to take images from a Jotform submission (which are converted to URLs) and run them through a background remover app and then upload them to a OneDrive folder, but whenever I submit the form with more than one image, the background removal app fails as it can only handle one image at a time. So my next step was to add Looping so it would loop through each image until all images were processed and uploaded. The problem is that even though more than one URL exists, the loop only returns one loop iteration.

I have tried using multiple image upload fields in my Jotform form and just duplicating the background removal and image upload steps. But when the amount of images uploaded is less then the total number of image processing steps, the result is a failed zap, which is very annoying!

The ideal way to fix this would be to get the looping working properly but I need some guidance on what to do to get the loop to recognize multiple image URLs attached to that answer field. Any help would be appreciated! I’ve included some screenshots of the the loop action and test results below.

Here’s the data being inserted into the Looping app.

Here’s the result of the Loop test.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 November 2023, 18:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @darvinm 

Good question.

The links returned from Jotform are each on their own line.

Use this Zap action: Looping - Create Loop from Text

Specify a line break as the delimiter.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you very much! That is exactly what I was looking for. I already implemented your suggestion and it performed exactly as it should. Thank you for the prompt response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! Thanks so much for hopping back in here @darvinm to confirm that did the trick - the Community greatly appreciates it! 🤗 And a big thanks to @Troy Tessalone for the super speedy help on this! 🙌 

Please do feel free to reach back out in the Community in future if you get stuck at all, until then happy Zapping! ⚡