Skip to main content

I am trying to bring data from a multi-select field into Jira to create a new issue that also has a checkbox field to match.  I’m using Formatter/Utility/Lookup Table.  It is registering the input but nothing is coming back on output.  Any reason?

Hi @johanna5 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your “Configure” section is configured.

The right is the Jira ID for that selection

@johanna5 

Can you post screenshots showing how the data is returned from Step 1 for the Lookup Key variable?

@johanna5 

Ok, since that is a comma separated string of text, you’ll need to add another Formatter step to convert the string to line items.

• Formatter > Utilities > Text to Line Items

@Troy Tessalone  do I add that before or after the formatter - utilities - lookup table?

Ok I put it before the step above, here is the input/output.  Its still only recognizing one of them:

@johanna5 

How is your Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table step configured now?

It should have the output variable mapped from the new Formatter > Utilities > Text to Line Items.

So here is the Race - Text to Line configuration:

When I test that step, the output shows the two selections:

Then, when I get to configure the next step, I use that text to line in it:

But when I test it, it only pulls back the first one in the output.  The Data in pulls in both though.

I think I just spotted the issue!  I spelled Two “of” More Races wrong….it should be an “or”.  Going to try that now :) 

@johanna5 

You have a typo.

It says: Two of More

It should say: Two or More

@Troy Tessalone So I fixed that typ but still not pulling back both???

I tried refreshing things but nothing...

Figured it out - I am good now @Troy Tessalone .  The Two or More coming from the form has a space in front of Two.  I fixed that and I’m seeing it.  Really appreciate you!

@Troy Tessalone  Ran up against a similiar situation with the multi-select not returning both selected values in Jira.  The text to line step has the output I’m looking for:

And when I use that output in the next step, it pulls it in just fine:

Here’s the config for this step too;

But then the output only returns the first value:

I’ve checked the mapping is correct.  

Here are the logs for the POST on the last step:

I started a new thread with the above question and will mark the answer Troy already gave as best.