Skip to main content
Best answer

Multi-page form with interfaces - is it even possible?

• 11 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have built a multi-page form that uses a table. I want each page to add to a single row in the table, but its creating a new row for each page. How am I suppose to built it so its a multi page form?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapSolar 

Each form would need a common unique value submitted.

Then a Zap can be used to find/create + update a Zapier Table record.

Help article about using Forms in Zapier Interfaces: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/15927500577037-Use-forms-in-Zapier-Interfaces#h_01HMYBM0PYHZ2494JTY4N18FBY

Reference the section about prefilling fields and passing along data.

I'm not sure what you mean by ‘Each form would need a common unique value submitted.’ is this related to the Reference Id of the field itself or something else? 

can provide some more details on that?

Also, the link you included: 

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/15927500577037-Use-forms-in-Zapier-Interfaces#h_01HMYBM0PYHZ2494JTY4N18FBY  doesn't show anything about passing data along, that i can see?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapSolar 

If Form 1 is submitted and Form 2 is submitted, then both of those need to have a common unique value to use to merge those records into 1 record.

Think of it as some value that is pass from Form 1 to Form 2.

For the Zapier Interface Form, configure the “Actions” tab to pass along data.

Fill form fields in advance for visitors

You can prefill form fields for your visitors by using URL parameters for each field in a form.
Form fields have unique references, which can be used to fill out certain fields by default for visitors. Learn how to prefill form fields.

@Troy Tessalone 

Much thanks for your help so far, I’ve been able to pass all the values along each page  of the form (which is a little buggy but works for most field types). 

How would you go about handling the duplicate entries that occur with this method of passing values along?