Question

Multi-checkbox options in Eventbrite are not mapping to properties in HubSpot and getting an error message.

• 9 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello!
Is anyone able to confirm if multi-checkbox options in Eventbrite can successfully map to properties in HubSpot? When I attempt this, I get the following error:

validationMessages: - where_did_you_hear_about_us_: Social media | Local Event was not one of the allowed options: [label: "Newspaper"value: "Newspaper"

The internal values in HubSpot match up exactly to what is displayed in Eventbrite so I have no idea why this wouldn’t work like what it does with everything else! From what I can see from the error, it appears as though multiple options are detected as one value ‘(Social media | Local Event)’ as an example

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ollykenyon,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, the “Action” section of your action step and the multi-checkbox fields you’re referring to?

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ollykenyon 

Good question.

Multi-select fields won't work

If you have a multi-select field in Hubspot, you can map data to it by putting a ; in between the options. For example, it would look like this:

That would result in more than one option being selected on the Hubspot side. Note that the data you pass to Hubspot has to exactly match the option in Hubspot, including punctuation and capital letters.

Hi @ken.a thank you so much! and thanks for offering your help, that’s very much appreciated!

I’ve attached some screenshots below which should help, is this what you were asking for?

The first screenshot shows the entire process together (the trigger and the action)

The second shows the specific action we are struggling with, which is mapping the multi-checkbox field.

The third shows the field and all of it’s options in Eventbrite.

The fourth shows the property in HS, which should exactly match up!

I just want to add that all of our tests come through successfully when only one option is selected which I think rules out the ‘internal values have to match exactly’ theory. Our errors come when 2 or more options are selected!

Hi @Troy Tessalone, I hope you’re well mate!

I actually saw this suggestion online and tried it, but we can’t split our options from Eventbrite in the same way that you can in other apps from what I can see. Here’s a screenshot which shows multiple of our selected options from the Eventbrite form together in one property. We can’t edit or separate out these options:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ollykenyon 

Try using this Zap action: Formatter > Text > Replace

Replace “ | ” with “;”