Skip to main content
Question

Motion to Google Calendar Zap is creating the task at the wrong time

• 26 May 2024
  • 4 replies

hi all.

im trying to create a zap that will create a new task in Motion for every new event added to google calendar

to remind me to transcribe meetings. but for some reason whatever i do in the zap the task will be scheduled on motion BEFORE the event.

while looking for options, in the motion part of the zap, it says “start date”. but in the results i cant see the value i’ve entered…. does anyone know if it has any connection to my main problem?and/or any ideas how to fix he scheduling issue?

thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @royrosen ,

Can you share screenshot on motion action and how did you set it up?

i tried using a date/time formatter to add 1 day so that the task would be schedualed after the event and not before but it only sometimes work…...

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @royrosen ,

For 1, please add date in YYYY-MM-DD format

For 2, enter a date and not something like 6 days after event

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @royrosen! 👋

Were you able to get this solved using the @jayeshkumarbhatia’s suggestions here?

If not, I wanted to also suggest that it’s possible to use date modifiers in a Date/Time field - like those Due Date and Start Date fields. With date modifiers you could select the field that contains the necessary event date and add 6 days to that date using a +6d modifier. You can learn more about how to use date modifiers here: Adjust date and time values in Zaps

Eager to ensure you’re all set with this so please do let us know whether or know you’re still in need of any assistance on this! 🙂