Question

Monday x Xero intergration help (adding lines to xero from monday)

• 22 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am finally dabling into Zapier after reaching my limit with Monday accessibility.

I am having issue with adding items to exsisting sales invoices from Monday to Xero.

I have tried using just a blank line for Item code and also filling out the “unit Price” with a numbers column from Monday.com, I have tried with multiple invoices and get a similar message

The goal is for Xero to automatically have a payment added as a line from a monday board when an item is added, it finds and adds this line to xero for less double handling.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Autohaus

Check the Invoice field dropdown options match to the mapped variable value.

Help article about mapping dynamic variables to dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps#01H7FR09FBEAKK4ZZP678QDE9T

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply, as far as I can see its all correct, obviously not or I would not be getting this error, but from what I can see you have posted this section should be okay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Autohaus 

Can you post a screenshots of options from the dropdown list for full context?

Userlevel 1

Omg, so I worked out the first one, but now I cant make the end number a negative 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Autohaus 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with the current error (if any) to have full context.

Userlevel 1

I am now trying to make this number negative:

Make the 100 negative like the bottom row is

I have tried using format data to make negtive number, but all it does is make the price empty

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Autohaus 

Did you try putting a minus sign - before the mapped variable?

Userlevel 1

The first time I did I got an error.
I just tried again after getting an error, but now it works. what in the world. SO far this is all I need, thank you somuch for letting me pick your brain.

Userlevel 1

Okay, I spoke to soon, so the issue i was having happens invoices that have a 100% discount on a line, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Autohaus,

I apologize for the delayed response.

Are you still running into this issue with your Zap? If so, please let me know I’d be happy to help you out.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!