Question

Monday - Google Drive - YouTube error: Media type 'text/html; charset=utf-8'

• 1 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I currently have this trigger set up where if my criteria in a column in Monday.com is met, then the zap will pull the following information from the row:

• Video Title
  • Video Description
  • Video Tags
  • Date and Time (to schedule video at)
  • Thumbnail (Google Drive public share link)
  • Video File (Google Drive public share link)

It will then upload the video to YouTube and afterwards, I have a reformat in place, just in case, to encode the URL.

But whenever I try to test uploading the thumbnail to the YouTube video, I get the error “Media type 'text/html; charset=utf-8' is not supported.”

This is the share setting for the file link I’m testing to upload as the thumbnail:

Any clues on how to resolve this? Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @unicorn,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like the formatter step is not converting the Google Drive URL to a direct download URL. You may want to try this instead:

1. Add a Formatter - Replace to remove the “/view?usp=drive_web=sharing” in the URL.
    927b633c88cb9a5a0fcca8e8436143c6.png
    (view larger)

2. Add another Formatter - Replace step to convert the URL to a direct download URL.
    136c44d104f94aae758dac13e52c96b5.png
    (view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi Ken

Thanks for the welcome and for your reply. I figured out that I can actually just write the direct download link into my Monday board and then insert it into my Zap instead of reformatting the link in the Zap.

Unfortunately, I'm getting another error now:

Is it because Zapier tests the YouTube connection with a dummy account instead of my actual account and this is why I get the error?

Step 3 is to upload a video to YouTube and it's successful in the test but I haven't published it yet since I want to upload the video and the thumbnail in the same zap, so it's still using the Zapier YouTube account details and the Video ID is not my actual video ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @unicorn,

It looks like we're timing out while waiting for a response from YouTube to confirm if the update is successful or not.

When Zapier makes a request, we wait for a certain timeframe for a response. If the app takes longer than expected to respond, we call it a "timeout" -- which is considered an error. Basically, we didn't hear back from this app in time to know whether or not our request was successful.

Some more info and possible solutions can be found here:

https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/errors/fix-timeout-errors-in-zaps

Also, what you can try is to skip the YouTube action step, buy clicking on the “Skip test” button and publishing the Zap right away.

Please let me know if this helps.