Skip to main content
Best answer

monday.com to Xero Zap is not triggering despite successful test

• 13 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I’m trying to use monday.com subitems and subitem columns to create invoices in Xero.  I’ve set up the Zap with the Subitems of the correct board, mapped all the fields, run the Zap Test (they work every time) but once its published and the trigger is triggered (status column in monday switched to “Send to Xero”), nothing happens! Ive duplicated the Zap, rebuilt it numerous times, made the Zap as basic as possible with still no luck. What am i doing wrong!? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @techadminspark,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please let me know if you’re using the “Specific Column Value Changed in Board” trigger? If so, subitems are not supported that could be the reason why the Zap is not triggering.

Additionally, we have an existing feature request to support subitems using the “New Item in Board” trigger and “Specific Column Value Changed in Board” trigger. Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that.

Thanks!

Yes, could you please add me to that. 

It’s weird that it doesn't work but the test works perfectly. It pulls over all the subitem information and creates an invoice in Xero with the correct information. 

Why is it that the test works but the published Zap doesnt?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @techadminspark,

Thanks for confirming.

I believe since you’re changing subitems in monday.com the “Specific Column Value Changed in Board” trigger doesn’t recognize the change since subitems are not supported.

I have added you to the open feature request to support subitems using the “Specific Column Value Changed in Board” trigger. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you can stay in the loop/follow along with updates on the main thread here: 

Hopefully, this helps.

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added please reach out on the main topic for this issue here and we’ll get you added to the feature request.