Best answer

monday.com to Gmail Zap not sending emails on Column Value Change.

• 20 December 2023
  • 11 replies

Hello,
i hope someone can help me
I'm trying to connect Monday with Gmail. Specifically, an email should be sent as soon as a column changes its value, which is the trigger. The test for this works.
Subsequently, Gmail is targeted and pulls the email from Monday to then send a message to this email. In the test, this works well, but in practice not at all. In other words, I change the value of a column, but no email is sent.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 22 December 2023, 08:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex_Elektro-conzept 

Check your Zap Runs for activity/issues: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi Troy,

no results unfortunately

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alex_Elektro-conzept

Did you preform the trigger action after the Zap was turned ON?

Zaps work while turned ON for new data going forward.

@Troy Tessalone 
Yes, i createt a new Line and performed the trigger. Unfortuantely nothing happen. Have you still another Idea?

@Troy Tessalone Myby it has to do that i use subitem as trigger. I dont now, the interesting thing is that all test are perfekt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alex_Elektro-conzept 

Maybe try using a Monday Automation to fire a webhook:

https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017311219-Subitems-and-automations

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

Thank you i will try it. But first i tryed to trigger not by an subelement rather an normal element. The result the trigger works but only if i give the zap of gmail a fixed Email. At least i now that the trigger does not work with my subevents (or elements im not sure ho to call it)

Unfortunately the zap configuration of gmail does not recognize an email adress from monday. The fild in the zap is empty but in monday is an email in the email colum. Strang2

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Alex_Elektro-conzept,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

If I can understand your issue correctly, are you trying to trigger on subitems in monday.com? If so, triggering on subitems is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this functionality.

Please let me know if you’d like to get added to the feature request.

Thanks!

@ken.a great, thank you for your info, it helps a lot !

@ken.a please let my now how i can set a trigger if a colum in a subitem is changed-
I habe a Status-colum called “Test” with the status “On” and “OFF” if now someone changed the Status “Test” i want get an trigger to sent a mail later.
Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Alex_Elektro-conzept,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request to support subitems using the “Specific Column Value Changed in Board” trigger. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Unfortunately, there are no known workaround regarding this one.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.