Question

Monday.com - Filter results of Get Item by Column Value to get Item ID

• 11 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am having an issue pulling a single Item ID using Get Item by Column Value from Monday.com to associate with a Change Multiple Columns Value in HappyFox. The goal is to update tasks in Monday.com that are created by another zap from HappyFox. I am using a webhook to pull fields from HappyFox and am trying to use the Subject from HappyFox to narrow the results in Get Item by Column Value from Monday.com to a single task but every time I am getting every task in my Monday board. See below for screenshots and more details.

I’m going to to start with the Get Item by Column Value from Monday.com zap I have configured.

This is working as expected. When I go to search in a column, I’m choosing the Subject, which is currently unique in my Monday board. I believe this is where the issue is.

When we get to the Test step, you can see below where it is pulling every task in Monday. I have a task titled Task 13 and a second task titled Task 15. When I scroll this output, I can see multiple tasks and when I get to the next step, I can see them all as well. The Item IDs are being pulled, it’s just not a filtered list so I don’t believe I can setup the zap correctly.

This is the step where I am trying to use the Item ID taken from the previous step to updated a task in Monday.

As you can see, when I go to select the Item ID, I have every task listed. I could choose the task that matches the Subject I wanted to filter on in the previous step but I believe that will link all updates to that same task, rather than dynamically associating the updates with the appropriate tasks.

Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tumuhaise 

For the field “Column to Search In”, you need to select an option from the dropdown list.

Then map the variable to search for in the field that appears.