Question

Monday.com error: Required field "Item Name" (item_name) is missing.

• 16 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I would like to add candidates from a BreezyHR pipeline to a recruitment pipeline board on Monday.com and keep getting the same failed message and have added a name

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @StacyP 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have more context.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thanks for replying. Thought I would make it easier and send you a loom video.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@StacyP 

In Step 1, make sure to select a Pipeline Stage.

In Step 2, you need to choose a variable for the Item Name that has a value populated. ( ! ) indicates a mapped variable that may need to be remapped.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone - so that I know what Im asking is, we are a recruitment agent and have like 20 live positions, so wanted to know how I can select more then 1 position at a time, otherwise I need to create a new integration for every position?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@StacyP 

Require fields must be populated in Zap steps.

If you can’t select more than one option for a field or there is not an option to select that covers, then you would need to create a Zap for each.

Userlevel 1

Ok great thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @StacyP! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Thank @ken.a - where can I get tutorial/videos for breezyHR and Monday.com integrations ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @StacyP,

There’s no tutorial or videos for integrating Breezy HR and monday.com specifically, but we have a list of help articles that should help you get started on how to setup your Zap.

You can read them here:

I also want to share this amazing Community post that might help with your workflow:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@StacyP

In the screenshot below it shows a mapped dynamic variable from “Candidate Name” from step 1.

If you were to test the Zap step, it would use the value shown to the right of the :

If you were to change the Zap trigger step example being used to configure/test the Zap action steps, then it would show a different variable value.

NOTE: Make sure to remove the line break you have in the Item Name field.

When in doubt, test it out.

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you trace and troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/