Best answer

Monday.com error: Nothing could be found for the search.

• 28 June 2023
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have a column in Monday.com which contains a list of emails (the outcome I want is that I can list emails using Monday.com’s suggested format of email1; email2; email 3 which uses the semi colon as the delimiter)

When someone sends an email to my Gmail address, I want the Zap to search for whether the email exists in the list above (I am using “Get Item by Column value” action to find the item, and if it does, I want it to create an update in Monday.com for that item that it found

My Zap works when there is only 1 email in the list. But when I put a list of emails it halts with the attached error

Any advise would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 June 2023, 15:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Autom8rMaster! 🙂

Ah, it looks like the Get Item by Column Value action is expecting to receive a single search value not multiple ones so I suspect that’s likely why it’s erroring.

To get around this I’d suggest adding a Looping by Zapier action to the Zap. It would allow the Zap to loop through the list of email addresses to perform a search for each one individually and update them as necessary. It can handle varying numbers of email addresses so it would work both when there’s a single or multiple email addresses in the list.

If you’ve not worked with loops before you can learn more about how to set them up here: Loop your Zap actions.

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues setting that up please let us know!

Thanks for the speedy response. I’ve read the help article you shared and watched some YouTube videos.

You’re completely right, the Get Item by Column Value action is expecting to receive a single search value not multiple ones

However, I need to transform/loop the values in the Monday.com column that it finds, before Zapier searches if it’s a match.

Below is the current flow

I realised the Loop can only get access to the data that’s been tested/triggered so in the flow below, I can only access Gmail data. But I need to loop through Monday.com column values 

Am I missing something here about how I can use the Loop? Appreciate your responses on this

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh I see, @Autom8rMaster

So the issue is that when there’s more than one email address in the column that’s being searched (Broadcast Service Provider List) in Monday.com, then the Zap isn’t able to find a match for the email address and gives that error. Am I understanding that correctly now?

In which case I suspect what’s causing that is that the Get Item by Column Value action is searching for an exact match for the email address and as there’s other email addresses in the column, it’s seeing it as not an exact match. 

I can’t see any existing feature requests to have fuzzy (non-exact) search supported with that action. So I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to ask that they open up a feature request for that. Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to suggest here.

(sorry for the late reply, didn’t realise you had responded)

Okay. Bummber. 

Thanks for responding though, I appreciae it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @Autom8rMaster

Hopefully you’re able to get in touch with our Support Teamto get a feature request opened up for this soon. The sooner that’s in place, the quicker we’ll be able to start tracking user interest in that feature which will help to get it implemented faster. I’m sure there’s lots of other folks in Community who would be wanting a non-exact search option available for the Get Item by Column Value action. 🙂