Skip to main content
Question

monday.com error: Invalid value for undefined on undefined. There are items that are not in the connected boards

• 3 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I am trying to create a zap to connect a Hubspot form to Monday.com. When a form is submitted on Hubspot, I would like a board and group on Monday.com to be updated with the mapped items but is giving me an error: 

Failed to create an item in monday.com

Invalid value for undefined on undefined. There are items that are not in the connected boards

Hope an expert can help me with this.

Here are the steps I did:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3: Both the Board ID and Group ID was automatically pulled from Monday.com

Step 4: Test Error

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Maria Rivera 

This would need more troubleshooting. For example, after choosing the board, are you sure the Group ID belongs to this Board? You might wanna click on Refresh to make sure the correct Groups are there in the drop down. 

Secondly, scroll down more to see if there are any other required fields other than the Item Name. 

Hi @Maria Rivera 

This would need more troubleshooting. For example, after choosing the board, are you sure the Group ID belongs to this Board? You might wanna click on Refresh to make sure the correct Groups are there in the drop down. 

Secondly, scroll down more to see if there are any other required fields other than the Item Name. 

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, group ID belongs to the same board. I clicked Refresh and did the step again but still getting the same error.

There are no required fields other than Board ID and Item Name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

And did you click Refresh after choosing the Group to make sure all the fields are there? 

The error is very vague, you might also check Monday.com if there are some fields that are required there but are not shown as required in Zapier. A simple way to check that is make sure all the fields you see in Zapier are filled (even with dummy data as a start)