Question

Monday.com error: Cannot read property 'column_values' of undefined

• 1 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me figuring out how to use the ‘"success" when nothing is found?’ feature. I’ve copied an image below showing the error. Basically I have the ‘"success" when nothing is found?’ set to true, but whenever zapier tries to find a certain id on the desired column and nothing is found, the zap stops entirely. After this step there is a path for when nothing is found, but since the zap stops, nothing runs after it. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this not how the feature works?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dentacor 

Good question.

Please clarify what Monday Zap action step you are using and how it’s configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Dentacor ! Sounds like a beefy Zap you’re working on 👏🏽

Following up on Troy’s above response- if you can share more about your set up (specific Monday Action / screenshots of configuration) we can try to figure out what’s going on!

Hello thanks for the reply, the step I’m using is the “get Item by column value”. I use a number with a decimal (sort of an identifier) to search through my monday items. I want it so that, when nothing is found (i.e. ID 2.1 was not found), move onto the next ID (3.1 and so on). Though when trying this, the zap stops entirely when an ID isn’t found.
A simple version of how I have it setup: 
1. Get Item by Column Value → 2. Search for “X” ID → 3. If nothing is found → 4. Search for “X + 1” ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Dentacor!

Looking at your screenshot, the reason that Zap run isn’t because it didn’t find the information, but because there was an error in the step. The error message suggests that the Column Values field is the one causing the trouble here. Can you see any reason why that might be? If not, could I trouble you to share a screenshot of how that step is set up in the editor so we can see what’s in the column values field? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!