Question

Missing TimeZone data from Zoom, causing Microsoft 365 Calendar conflicts.

• 22 December 2023
  • 4 replies

We're currently experiencing an issue while creating a Zap between Zoom and Microsoft 365 Calendar. The problem arises when pulling data from Zoom, specifically with the TimeZone information being omitted.

It's unclear whether this omission is intentional, possibly prompting users to add an extra step, but our attempts to resolve the issue by adjusting the time (e.g., adding +1h) have proven unsuccessful. For context, I am based in the Eastern New York/Canada time zone, and both my Zapier account and Microsoft Calendar are configured to the same time zone.

Interestingly, when attempting to create a zap, it generates with a -5 hours conflict. This discrepancy is not limited to Microsoft Calendar, as we've also confirmed the same issue when testing with Google Calendar. Notably, this problem has emerged recently, as the same zap worked seamlessly with Google Calendar in the past.

It appears that the TimeZone data is not being pulled during the process, causing these conflicts. Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Stevesuns 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hi @Stevesuns 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hello Tony,

Please find the screenshots requested. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Stevesuns,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help.

You might be running into a bug here. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team regarding this issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Stevesuns 

You are missing a space before the +1h in the End Date & Time.

Also, you may need to format the Start/End Date & Time according to the help doc link in the field description.

You may need to remove the .000Z.