Best answer

Missing Records when I try to Snapshot an Airtable view to Google sheets using Transfers

Userlevel 1

I am having trouble with Transfers.

I am trying to get a transfer to take a snapshot of a view in airtable once a week and add the data to a google sheet. There are approx 400 rows. However, every time I try to run it (whether it be "create spreadsheet row" or "Create multiple spreadsheet rows”) it only adds one or two of the rows.  What gives?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 March 2023, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Wbricker3 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Transfer is configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Wbricker3,

Just checking in here. As Troy mentioned we need a bit more information to help you out. Would you mind sending over some screenshots of your Transfer setup? Also, would you mind elaborating a little bit on what you mean by “transfer to take a snapshot of a view in Airtable”? That will help us point you in the right direction! 🤗

Userlevel 1

On what I mean by snapshot

• I want to take the values for all rows (records) and fields (columns) for a given airtable view and paste them into the end of a google table
  • I want to do this every week so I have a “snapshot” of what the airtable view contained each week so I can create a timeseries data set

On configuration, I have the setup as follows

• I have mapped the columns from airtbale to Google sheets columns
  • I have no filters (so when I review the data I see all fields and records I want, I am obfuscating it here for
    privacy, but it has the right number of recrods)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Wbricker3 

Perhaps think about approaching this in a different way.

Airtable Automations have integrations with GSheets.

Create an Airtable Automation that triggers when a record enters a View.

You can configure filters on the View so only matching records enter.

Userlevel 1

That doesn't work for me given that I want to create a time series data set (not just transferring new or changed records, but all the records). Does that make sense? I am also more broadly worried about if I am missing something about how transfers work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Wbricker3

With Airtable Automations, you can Find Records based on Conditions or a View.

Then you can use the Repeater option to loop thru each found record.

Userlevel 1

Ok, Will do via airtable then - thank you!