Skip to main content
Hello, I updated the Zoho CRM app in Zapier to the latest version (31 July 2024). 

There are some changes in the Zapier app "Zoho CRM" now. When I want to create a new entry in Zoho CRM in the "Notes" module, there I can no longer choose a parent module. Previously, I could select "Contacts" as the parent module and the ID of a contact to attach the note to. 

Now I only have the two fields "Parent Id" and "Associated Id". Where can I choose the "Parent module" and what is the field "Associated Id"?

Here is a screenshot of the updated Zapier app. 

Thanks for help, 
Michael

Hey Michael! It sounds like the recent update to the Zoho CRM app in Zapier has caused some confusion, and I can see why that would be frustrating.

With the new version, it looks like they streamlined the fields for creating notes. The "Parent Id" field is likely where you’ll input the ID of the parent module, which in your case would be the contact you want to associate the note with. The "Associated Id" field might be used for linking to other related records, but it’s not the same as selecting a parent module.

If you’re not seeing the option to choose a parent module directly, it could be that the update changed how these relationships are handled. You might need to manually enter the ID of the contact in the "Parent Id" field to attach the note correctly.

If you have any more questions or need further clarification, let us know! We’re here to help you get this sorted out.

Hello @Processfy.ai,

thanks for your details.

So you mean I have to enter the ID of the module in the field “Parent ID” and the contact ID in the field “Associated_Id”?

Where do I find the ID of the module?

Thanks, M.

Hi there @michael29180,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I had a look at your Zap draft and it looks like you're still using the old version of the integration, which is now hidden:

debed6fed1f382f55da566e7cfb6c6ad.png
(view larger)

I'd like to take a closer look at the fields you mentioned so I'd appreciate it if you could add a new "Create Module Entry" in your draft so I can take a closer look.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.