Best answer

Missing field in Send SMS in VoIP.ms

• 17 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to use the action Send SMS in VoIP.ms. However, it is missing a field for DID. When I test it, the error I get is:

Failed to create a sms in VoIP.ms

The app returned "This is not a valid DID".

From their documentation (https://www.voip.ms/m/apidocs.php) the required parameters are:

did         => [Required] DID Numbers which is sending the message (Example: 5551234567)
dst => [Required] Destination Number (Example: 5551234568)
message => [Required] Message to be sent (Example: 'hello John Smith' max chars: 160)

I tried to use Text in Formatter by Zapier to create the field/parameter:

transform Default Value

input: did

default value: 5551234567

but that doesn’t seem to work. Testing it just outputs “did” without the value.

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 February 2024, 17:01

View original

3 replies

It seems creating a custom action (https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/16277139110157#h_01HJ0PCP4ZCXSF5024CAXNC82D) would be pretty straightforward here. However, Custom Action (Beta) is not available in the event dropdown menu either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @floss,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the error you’re running into is a known bug with the VoIP.ms integration. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with VoIP.ms on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

I have good news - the VoIP.ms have recently released a fix for that “This is not a valid DID” error! 😁🎉

Please do give that Send SMS action another try now and let us know if you’re still experiencing any issues with it. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡