Best answer

Missing emails from Shopify orders causing an error in Wave's Find Customer action

• 6 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to create an invoice in waveapps.com from orders in Shopify. When I get an Order from Walmart and it flows into Shopify, it does not send over an email address. Since there is no email address in the order, the customer lookup / create new customer does not work. Why doesthe Zapier “Find customer in Wave” step require an email? Wave does not require an email to create a new customer. Is there anyway to bypass that?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 6 October 2023, 08:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ponchypepper,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You mentioned that your orders from Walmart that flows to Shopify doesn’t send over the email address. By any chance, have you tried adding a Text in Formatter - Default Value step? This step allows you to return a default value if the data from the trigger/action is empty.

You can learn more about how to use the Default Value function in this helpful article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496278339725-Set-default-values-for-blank-fields-in-Zaps

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

+1, this is a weird requirement in Wave’s Find Customer action. Would be really nice to have a simple find-by-Name or some other field. We’re trying to integrate with Harvest, which doesn’t provide an email value at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dwyer,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Thanks for letting me know.

I did some digging into this, and it seems like we have an open feature request for the “Find Customer” action to search for a customer using the first and last name.

Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that. 😊

Hey @ken.a, thanks—that would be great! 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dwyer,

Thanks for confirming!

I have added you and @ponchypepper as another interested members to the open feature request for the “Find Customer” action in Wave to search for a customer using the first and last name. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps! 😊