Skip to main content
Question

Microsoft Sharepoint Create File Access Denied

• 17 July 2024
  • 9 replies

I have a zap that creates a job folder in Sharepoint for every new job, then I would like to add a templated xlsx file to that folder each time a new job is created. I uploaded the folder to SP so it could be retrieved in the workflow and then uploaded to the new folder. I am able to create the folder and find the template file without a problem, but when I go to upload it gives me a 404 error (Access Denied). 

I have tried everything possible on the Sharepoint permissions side and I tried uploading the file to another application to be sure the issue was not with the file format or something like that. I was able to upload to other applications but still not SP. With full Admin access to SP, what could still be blocking the file upload from uploading? Thanks in advance.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jimmykelly.io 

Check the field description for guidance.

Help link to follow for more info about how to configure the expected value: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for the reply.

The field description says select the folder path destination. What is that calling for in terms of formatting? The url path after the site name? 

I have tried using different folder values in there but have not had success.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jimmykelly.io

Look at the list of dropdown options to see other examples of the expected values.

Help link to follow for more info about how to configure the expected value: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

@Troy Tessalone I have tried a unique id for the folder as well as typing out the folder url path as it is displayed in the subtext of the form fields in other Zap actions. I am not sure what other information I can extract from the documentation. 

When I include the site (which does not have a form option, only custom data) per the field description, it gives me a different 404 error saying file not found, which I know is not the case because if I upload the file to another application it works without a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jimmykelly.io 

The mapped File variable form Step 7 is a file object which is a temp file that expires after 1 hour.

You may need to try testing Step 7 again to get a fresh file object to test with in Step 8.

@Troy Tessalone Thank you for that information, I did not know about the temp file. Unfortunately, I still am getting file not found.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jimmykelly.io 

Can you show screenshots of the dropdown options for the Folder field so we can see the top/bottom values?

One approach would be to manually select the desired Folder from the list of dropdown option.

Turn the Zap ON.

Test live, then see the Folder Path that was used to give you context about the expected value.

You can see that in the Zap Runs history details for the DATA OUT for that step.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

@Troy Tessalone The dropdown for the folder field does not give me any options, which I assumed is because the site field is only a custom data text field. So it doesn’t call on anything to populate folder selections.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jimmykelly.io 

Check the Site field description for context about expected values.

Then see if that helps you see the Folder field options to select.