Skip to main content
Best answer

Microsoft outlook wrong timezone (From Zapier Interface)

• 31 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I set up my timezone in my account already, so i am expecting that the timezone of inputted data is in he same timezone as my account. But upon checking the zap history, it in UTC. 

Now, when the event is added in the calendar, it shows the correct time in Pacific Time. See screenshot:

But when I open the event, this shows: 

this is very confusing for the attendees. right? Now can anyone help me with this? I already tried using the formatter and it still the same. 

here is the zap history 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Silbs,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the Microsoft Outlook integration where the “Create Event” action defaults to UTC when sending timestamps. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

This seems to be an issue on our account as well. 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lacy804,

It seems like the bug has been fixed a month ago. If you are still encountering this issue, I suggest contacting our Support Team so that they can thoroughly investigate this issue using the appropriate tools to examine the Zap and its logs.

You can contact our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thank you for your patience and understanding.