Skip to main content
Question

Microsoft Outlook error: Could not update the event; the specified object was not found in the store.

I have a zap that is creating an outlook event when a Trello card is moved to a list- that part is working well.  I have added an action to update the Outlook event when changes are made and I keep getting the following error when testing. Help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @KMA24 👋

Hmm, are you attempting to update an event on a shared calendar? If so, can you confirm whether the connected Microsoft Outlook account has the necessary permissions to be able to edit existing events on the selected calendar?

If it does, or it’s an event on a calendar that you own, can you please share another screenshot showing all the fields and settings selected within the Action section of that Update Calendar Event action? That’ll help us to better determine if there’s anything on the set up there that might be causing some trouble. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much! I do believe I have the correct permissions set up on outlook. Here are those screen shots.  Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for sharing that screenshot of the set up of that action, @KMA24. 🙂

Hmm, I can’t see any issues with what’s been selected there. Though, I did notice that the Update Calendar Event action has now been moved to step 8 of the Zap. Can you confirm what action is being used for step 7 of the Zap - the one that the event’s ID is being selected from?

And can you also confirm the following:

• Does the event selected from step 7 still exist in the calendar?
  • And do both step 7 and step 8 of the Zap have the same Microsoft Outlook account selected?

Thanks for your continued assistance on this, keen to get to the bottom of this!