Best answer

Microsoft Excel: The App returned “Could not obtain a WAC access token."

Userlevel 1

I have a Zap that has been set and forget for years.  Its essentially a trigger that then adds a new line to EXCEL and populates data.  Pretty simple.

Over the last few days I have been getting this error emailed to me: The App returned “Could not obtain a WAC access token."

I cannot see what the issue is, any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Brem 20 March 2023, 05:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MarcusH 

Good question.

Check your Excel Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

Sorry, there is noting in your message

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MarcusH 

Check your Excel Zap app connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy, All tests were successful however I am still getting the error message email from Zapier each time there is a new ZAP.  

The ZAPs appear to be working but I get the email error.

Its a bit of a mystery

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MarcusH 

Have you tried reconnecting the Excel Zap app connection?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone - thanks, I will give that a try.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @MarcusH 

Let us know how it goes! 😊

Userlevel 1

@Brem it didnt fix the issue.  i am still getting the error alert emails

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @MarcusH 

I’m sorry to hear that it didn’t fix the issue. Looking at this, it appears you are running into a bug in this app. I have added you as an additional vote for this to be fixed, and once it gets fixed, we’ll send you an email to let you know!

Additionally, I suggest using Google Sheets as a workaround for the time being.

Hopefully, it helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Brem 

I dont understand what you mean by an additional vote.  Using Google sheets isnt an option for me.  Ive been using Excel for years with this ZAP and never had any issues.  Do you know when this will be fixed?

I am having exactly the same problem with 4 zaps.  Its intermitent but happening regularly

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MarcusH!

We track the number of users affected by a particular bug to help us prioritize work on the app integrations that Zapier owns. I don’t have a specific date as to when this bug will be fixed, but I can say that currently there aren’t many affected users, so it’s not something that I would expect to be fixed in the immediate future. I know that’s not a great answer for you, I’m sorry about that.  

Some users have found that the Zap run works if you replay it in the Zap history, could you give that a go and see if it helps?

@Warden George, I have added you as an affected user on the issue report as well, which lets the team know how many people are affected and also means that we’ll send you an email if there’s an update. 

I have the same issue with excel connection: The app returned "Could not obtain a WAC access token.".

Userlevel 1

@Danvers @Brem 

This has now morphed into the below error and the ZAPs dont even complete now. I have logged a couple of tickets with support and I havent had a response.  

Excel

The app returned "Tenant does not have a SPO license.".

I have the same issue with excel connection: The app returned "Could not obtain a WAC access token.".

It was working fine this morning.

Userlevel 1

@Danvers @Brem

looks like there are more and more users getting the same issue.  Can we get this escalated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Bikashjena and @sgibbs - sorry to hear you’re running into this too!

I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of impacted users that Danvers referenced. We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop if anything changes regarding a fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app returned "Tenant does not have a SPO license.".

Hey there, @MarcusH. I did some digging and it looks like this may be related to something different.

This error pops when our Excel integration returns the "Tenant does not have a SPO license" error if there's an issue with an Office 365 account. Could I ask what type of account you currently have?

Right now, only the Office 365 Business account will work with Zapier - can you confirm that’s the type of account you have? 

According to our Excel connection guide here, only OneDrive for Business is currently supported and able to integrate with Zapier. Federated accounts, consumer accounts, Outlook accounts are not.

Keeps us posted!

Userlevel 1

Its a office personal account.  I have been Zapping for years!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MarcusH 

I can see that the Support Team replied to your ticket, and you’re in conversation with them. In this case, it will be best to keep the conversation going over with them. The Support Team can dig into the error logs of your Zap with you to look for the cause of the errors. 

Thanks!

I too am having this issue. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @MarcusH 

I can see that the Support Team replied to your ticket, and you’re in conversation with them. In this case, it will be best to keep the conversation going over with them. The Support Team can dig into the error logs of your Zap with you to look for the cause of the errors. 

Thanks!

I have to say that the support is quite poor here.  As a paid subscriber for 6+ years that the response times are way too slow.  I have logged a ticket and it takes 24 hours to get a response and then when you reply to the support person with the answers they have asked for it resets and then it takes another 24 hours.

As you can see now there are many users impacted by this so It would be nice if this could be escalated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @jsn 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.