Skip to main content
Question

Microsoft Excel formula not updating to correct row when using "Add Row" in Zapier

• 29 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I'm experiencing issues with Excel. One of the data points was supposed to use the function =IF(ISBLANK(C2),"",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(TRIM(C2),Table1,2,FALSE),C2)), but when it reached cell C3, it did not update to =IF(ISBLANK(C3),"",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(TRIM(C3),Table1,2,FALSE),C3)). Instead, it kept the same function as above. Could you please advise on how to ensure the formula updates to the correct column when a new row is added? I'm using the "Add New Row" function in Zapier, by the way.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rizuki 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in EDIT mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rizuki

We are just wondering if you are still encountering the same issue as stated above. We would like to troubleshoot with you and ensure that this is addressed.

Kindly post a screenshot of the Zap showing how it was configured so we can troubleshoot further. Please remember to obscure any personal information in the screenshot.

We’re looking forward to your response.

here you go. any other part of the program you need me to screenshot do get back to me. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Rizuki 

We would have wanted to see the Action part of the Action. I do think I know the issue though.

So you already wrote the formula as C2 in the corresponding field in the Excel action which is incorrect. To actually make it flexible depending on which Row number you are adding you would need to do the following:

1. Remove the formula from the Add Row step (cut it so we can use it later)
  2. Add another Action which is Excel - Update Row
  3. Then write the formula like this 
=IF(ISBLANK(C{{Row Number}}),"",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(TRIM(C{{Row Number}}),Table1,2,FALSE),C{{Row Number}}))

Where {{Row Number}} is mapped from the previous action