Best answer

Microsoft Excel error: The app returned "The argument is invalid or missing or has an incorrect format."

• 7 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

I have a simple thing but Zapier runs into an error. A litte bit more context:

I have a Pipedrive list with deals that are closed by partner. I want to calculate the commission automatically and added some fields in Pipedrive for it. This all works fine.

Now, for convenience reasons, I simply want to add the Deal Link in the Excel spreadsheet aswell to quickly navigate to the corresponding deal in Pipedrive right from Excel. 

If I add the link in the table like below, the link is posted in the Excel file but its not “clickable”. You have to manually enter the cell and press enter to activate the deal link.

So I looked up the =HYPERLINK function and changed the Deal Link accordingly:

But now the zap runs into an error:

I did a test: If a add a blank space before the equals sign, the zap works and pastes the formular in the cell but it is not working because of the blank space, obviously :-). So I guess it has something to do with the equals sign. But I can’t figure out how to solve it.

Looking forward for your help :-)

Thanks,

Maunuel

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 May 2023, 17:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Manuel Renz,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like this is the correct format of the hyperlink formula.

For Excel to correctly format a hyperlink, the formula needs to be formatted as follows in the editor:

=HYPERLINK("url","text")

Example:

example

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi there @Manuel Renz,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into our notes, and it seems like this is the correct format of the hyperlink formula.

For Excel to correctly format a hyperlink, the formula needs to be formatted as follows in the editor:

=HYPERLINK("url","text")

Example:

example

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Ehm, this is exactly how I formatted it, haven’t I?
Or do I need to put the URL in a dynamic field aswell?

How do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Manuel Renz,

I looked at the code in the screenshot, and it appears that there might be a small typo in your formula. Instead of using a semicolon, could you please try using a comma instead?

36c161720b7e873684a3193074becd5e.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a,

I’m sorry for my dumbness… of course it works now. Sorry for wasting your time!

Best,

Manuel

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Manuel Renz,

No need to apologize at all! We're here to help, and sometimes these things happen. I'm glad to hear that it's working now.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your understanding. How would Bob Ross say: Happy little accidents! :-)