Skip to main content
Best answer

Microsoft Dynamics 365 error: The app returned "URL was not parsed due to an ODataUnrecognizedPathException.

• 25 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Unable to create an Opportunity in Dynamics 365 CRM from data submitted on a Gravity Form:

Failed to create an opportunity in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM

The app returned "URL was not parsed due to an ODataUnrecognizedPathException. Resource not found for the segment provided in the URL.".

However I can create a Contact.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Timbo,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of your Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken,

Basically I wanted to add the Contact I created in the 2nd Step of the Zap into the Opportunity but, it doesn’t seem to like that, it only seems to want me to select a Contact from the list and and that means a manual selection.

If I remove any addition to the Contact Field the Zap completes successfully and adds the Opportunity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Timbo,

Thanks for the screenshot!

The “Contact” field of the “Create Opportunity” step requires a bit of tweaking since the ID of the contact requires this format: /contacts()

Could you please try adding the required format and then mapping the Contact ID from the 2nd step in between the parenthesis “()”. Like so:

cb03471cab0cfeb76582a45e4213fda8.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken,

So this is how I have it configured now:

But, I am now getting this error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Timbo,

It looks like you used the “Full Name” data instead of the ID. Could you please remap that with the ID? Like so:

3f2bb0d551b595d73ea207b5b8af4401.png
(view larger)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ken. That seems to have done the trick.

Your help is much appreciated.

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Timbo! I’m glad I was able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗