Best answer

Meta quit Facebook Group API - and now?

• 13 February 2024
  • 2 replies

As Zapier mentioned in an mail, meta will quit the Facebook Groups API. That means from April on we will not be able to use that API with Zapier anymore. When I read it right, meta indroduces a new API - does anybody know if Zapier can use the new one again? If not, will there be any workarounds to still automate a Facebook Group post in any way? This Zapier App is the main reason why i registered at Zapier. Without that possibility I have to cancel my susbscription. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 14 February 2024, 10:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

i dont know, but im following this post because i have the same question!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sts0868 and @gricks, welcome to the Community! 👋

Yes, the Facebook Groups app is being removed from Zapier on and will no longer be available to use from April 22, 2024. You can learn more about that upcoming change here: App update: Facebook Groups app removal

Unfortunately the new API doesn’t appear to include the same functionality the Facebook Groups app used. It only has support for Private Replies in groups:

40df0a657f6561d8220628446a851bf4.png
At present there are no known workarounds or plans that I can share details of here. Sorry for the less than ideal news on this. If anything changes on that front we’ll be sure to post an update on that here.

Please do let us know if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime.