Question

Memberpress error: The app returned "Not Acceptable." This server could not have an appropriate representation of the requested resource.

• 21 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Trying to connect the Memberpress app using the Memberpress api on my website. I keep getting:

authentication failed: The app returned "Not Acceptable!An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.".

Any suggestions? Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @marveisen 

To help us have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error.

Here’s what happens when I connect my MemberPress api key to Zapier. The app shows as connected, but 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@marveisen 

Help articles to reference:

https://docs.memberpress.com/article/263-official-memberpress-zapier-integration

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496168538381-How-to-get-started-with-MemberPress-on-Zapier

Thanks Troy, I’ll look into it and I really appreciate your advice! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @marveisen,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied yesterday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I appreciate your patience, and I want to express my sincere apologies for the slight delay in our response. We're currently experiencing a higher volume of emails than usual. However, I want you to know that your concern is our top priority.

I did a Google search for that "Not Acceptable! An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. The error was generated by Mod_Security" error, and it looks like this error message is related to Wordpress and some setting or module (MOD Security):

Since MemberPress is a Wordpress plugin, I'd recommend reaching out to WordPress directly to see if they can help to get you connected with the security enabled. 

In addition, is Mod Security a plug-in or firewall that you use? If so, I'd recommend turning it off and then trying to connect again.

There can be lots of plugins that can impact the connectivity to WordPress via Zapier. We often recommend, in situations like this, to test by turning all of them off, and seeing if you get the same sort of errors when you try again. 

I hope that helps; if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.

Thanks!