Question

Mapping CSV file for Google Drive to MySQL Integration

• 2 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone,

I am new to Zapier and testing out it’s capability, mainly with integration to MySQL database.

My goal is to upload new rows in a MySQL database based from an automated report from Appfolio that is sent to my Gmail daily, I also created a zap that downloads attachments to a google drive folder.

Now, what I am trying to do is to upload this csv file from GDrive to Mysql, but on the mapping stage to mysql, it shows the google drive format and not what’s inside the csv file.

Ex: my csv file contains the following columns: Unit Address, Unpaid rent, Paid rent and Tenant

But the mapping is showing the following instead: Title, File, Embedded Link, Description, Alternate Link etc. 

Which I assume are the information of the file in GDrive and not the contents.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tobita 

Good question.

Try using the Formatter > Utilities > Import CSV: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496060898701-How-to-Import-CSV-Files-with-Formatter#common-problems-with-the-import-csv-file-utility-0-1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you for responding! I’ll try this out!

@Troy Tessalone  Sorry for troubling you, I tested it out, looks to be on the right path, but it combines all of the rows in to a single value, I think this is due to the csv, would you know how I can separate this out so that each row will be separate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tobita 

Please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have enough context, thanks.

You need to make sure you get the CSV version of the file from GDrive. (there should be a specific CSV export version of the file)

The file needs to be in a CSV flat file format. (row 1 is headers preferably, no grouped rows/columns, no empty rows)

Hi @Troy Tessalone  thank you for your time.

I added screenshots, I’m currently testing out a step to split by comma, which I’m not sure if it will work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tobita

Check this existing help article:

Then you’ll likely have to use the Looping app to iterate thru the CSV rows in order to add those to MySQL.

NOTE: There are limits for the # of records the Formatter > Utilities > Import CSV File can handle, and same for Looping.