Question

Makeswift to Airtable Not Populating

• 23 March 2023
  • 8 replies

I’m wanting to Zap any new records created in Makeswift to be moved into Airtable. However, when I go to map the Makeswift fields to Airtable, it’s only letting me pull the data from the test record that was used. See screenshot below

When I insert a new record into Makeswift, the integration doesn’t pass anything into Airtable. There’s also no record of a new Makeswift record being created and kicking off the Zap. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hmm @ZNR33 - 

I don’t see anything inheritently wrong with your action set up. Can you please do me a favor and add a screenshot of your trigger set up, as well as a screenshot of your Zap History? Did any errors populate in the History or is it just a blank board at the moment? 

I’m also curious to see what your dynamic options are for submission date. Is it a specific date, or time intervals?

Hmm @ZNR33 - 

I don’t see anything inheritently wrong with your action set up. Can you please do me a favor and add a screenshot of your trigger set up, as well as a screenshot of your Zap History? Did any errors populate in the History or is it just a blank board at the moment? 

I’m also curious to see what your dynamic options are for submission date. Is it a specific date, or time intervals?

Hi Chanelle,

Thank you for the response. See below for Trigger Screenshot and History screenshot - please let me know if you’d like me to send anything more.

The History tab is blank - doesn’t show errors. The test records go through just fine when testing each of the actions but they do not show up in History. My confusion is stemming from why any new records are not being picked up if the test ones are going through.

Submission Date is a field in my Airtable, not one that I’m collecting through Makeswift. 

Thanks again for your help on this. 

Zach

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @ZNR33 

I don’t see any problems with your trigger. I want to ensure, are those fields in the trigger step filled up correctly?

Also, is the correct account connected to Makeswift?

Hi @ZNR33 

I don’t see any problems with your trigger. I want to ensure, are those fields in the trigger step filled up correctly?

Also, is the correct account connected to Makeswift?

Hi Brem,

The test Makeswift record fields are all mapped correctly to the Airtable fields. Correct account is set up to Makeswift as well. Test records are going through fine when using the test function within Zapier but it’s not picking up any new records I create on the Makeswift side. 

Let me know if there’s more details need. Thanks for the reply.

Zach

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ZNR33!

This might sound like a basic suggestion, but can you try turning the Zap off then back on. Then add a record in Makeswift? I’m wondering if maybe you deleted records then re-added them, and the Zap doesn’t see them as new records. Turning it off and on will reset that.

That may not be the case, but it’s worth a shot :) 

Hey @ZNR33!

This might sound like a basic suggestion, but can you try turning the Zap off then back on. Then add a record in Makeswift? I’m wondering if maybe you deleted records then re-added them, and the Zap doesn’t see them as new records. Turning it off and on will reset that.

That may not be the case, but it’s worth a shot :) 

Unfortunately that didn’t work either. Any other documentation I could look at for Makeswift / Airtable connectors?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @ZNR33 

I've gone ahead and consulted our team about raising a possible bug/feature request to Makeswift developers. Once approved, I'll add you as an affected/interested user to a shared issue-tracking tool with the Makeswift developers.

While we do not have an ETA on when this will get fixed/implemented, we'll be sure to send you an email for an update!

Regarding your question, unfortunately the only document we have for Makeswift - Airtable Integration is this https://zapier.com/apps/makeswift/integrations/airtable

Let me know if you have other questions! 😊

Hi @ZNR33 

I've gone ahead and consulted our team about raising a possible bug/feature request to Makeswift developers. Once approved, I'll add you as an affected/interested user to a shared issue-tracking tool with the Makeswift developers.

While we do not have an ETA on when this will get fixed/implemented, we'll be sure to send you an email for an update!

Regarding your question, unfortunately the only document we have for Makeswift - Airtable Integration is this https://zapier.com/apps/makeswift/integrations/airtable

Let me know if you have other questions! 😊

Thanks Charie! Appreciate you and the team looking into this. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help out.