Skip to main content

I am trying to setup my zap to take my campaign from Mailchimp to my LinkedIn company page, but it keeps generating a “failed to create update” error message. I can’t figure out why.

Hi @DeeT 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with the error along with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Hi @DeeT,

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Are you still running into this error? If so, please share the screenshots as Troy suggested and we’re happy to take a look at this.

Thanks!

thanks, I’ve managed to figure it out. Is there anyway that I can have the entire newsletter on my company page as a full post rather than a link to the html file?

When I make the selection to post it directly it has all the pretext header information in it and everything which is not what I’d like to see.

Hi @DeeT,

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot of the issue you’re seeing? This is for me to take a closer look regarding this one.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

That’s great news @DeeT😁

Is there anyway that I can have the entire newsletter on my company page as a full post rather than a link to the html file?
When I make the selection to post it directly it has all the pretext header information in it and everything which is not what I’d like to see.

Perhaps you could use a Formatter (Text > Remove HTML) action to strip out the unwanted HTML from the newsletter? You can learn more about how to use that sort of action here: Remove HTML tags in Zaps

Do you think that might work for your needs here or would you require all the formatting to be kept?

Looking forward to hearing from you!