Skip to main content
Best answer

Mailchimp ran into an error: Invalid Resource - The resource submitted could not be validated. For field-specific details, see the 'errors' array. url: We couldn't connect to the specified the URL.

• 18 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, 

I just ran into a weird problem with my Mailchimp zap. It was working fine, I didn't change anything.
Suddenly I got this error message:

Step 1 triggers the zap when a new subscriber is added to my Mailchimp audience.

First, I contacted Mailchimp support and here is their response:

“My team is letting me know, the error is error 400, according to our document it says:
The submitted POST body failed our input validation. This error may include an additional "errors" property, with a list of the validation issues.

We couldn't connect to the URL specified in the call, and thus it failed.
You may need to get with a developer to have a look. You will also want to review the URLs and make sure everything is still working as it should. Since the CALLS are not coming over successfully over to Mailchimp.”

I asked them to check my account for possible bans or something. Here is their response:
“We do not see anything blacklisted or any flags for compliance.
We are only seeing the error 400 saying, we couldn't connect to the specified the URL. Please double check and try again.”

I have already created a support ticket, but maybe you have some ideas on what might be going on here?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AlexO 

For us to have context about the encountered error, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Check your Mailchimp Zap app account connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

Hi @AlexO 

For us to have context about the encountered error, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Check your Mailchimp Zap app account connection here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Thank you!  I just tested the connection, it's marked as successful:

The issue appears at the very first step, here are screenshots from the Edit mode:

This zap worked fine for several weeks and I didn't change anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AlexO 

If the Zap trigger issue persists with Mailchimp, try removing the Mailchimp Zap app connection, then reconnect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AlexO,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone @JammerS 
The problem seems to have resolved itself. I didn't do anything. I waited for 24 hours and now it works as before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @AlexO! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗