Best answer

Mailchimp error: The subscriber is not a member of the selected audience

• 9 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Forum, 

I’ve found this is honestly the best place to get answers on what I’m looking to accomplish with this software and I want to thank the community first for your support! 

I’ve tried to create an automated Reminder to Schedule Classes Event so it will trigger the Automation in Mail chimp to send to members. I set a date trigger formatted the date and delayed for it to always send on the 1st Sunday of the month. 

The goal is to have the custom event send to every email address from my sheet’s contact list which I do have “Get Many Spreadsheet Rows” and filtered for email addresses of students. The test for the create custom event keeps saying the subscriber is not a member of the selected audience… I’ve checked my contact list in mail chimp and it all matches my sheets contact list. These contacts are all subscribed to my mail list… any idea what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 9 April 2024, 17:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @OGA Owner 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Mailchimp step, ‘Action’ section is configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@OGA Owner 

The Email Address field expects 1 email address.

If you want to process each email address returned from Step 4, then add a Looping (Create Loop from Line Items) step: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Awesome, thank you much had to watch a video on properly using the looping to split the collection of line items into separate segments… now to see at the beginning of May if it correctly cycles

Thanks again Troy!

Travis

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @OGA Owner! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗