Best answer

Looping is causing duplicate cards in Trello instead of just one card.

Userlevel 1

Hello to the Zapier community,

I am working on an automation project on Zapier, and I am currently having a problem with my Zap;

Context: I want to automate a transfer of information between Sheet and Trello and thus be able to send several cards on Trello.

So I used the following flow : 

But, when it works, the cards are created in several times on Trello (one card is created the same number of times as the number of lines in sheet. For example, if there are 3 lines in sheet, each card is created identically in 3 times). However, I want the same card to be created only once.

Do you know what the problem is?

Kind regards,

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 June 2022, 23:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @alixloyal 

It could be an issue with the way looping action was configured, can you share screenshot of the looping action?

Also check history, it should tell you how the thing worked out last time it had run. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @robschmidt 

Thank you for your answer!

Here is the way the loop was set up and the history: 

And here is the history :

Userlevel 1

up :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alixloyal 

Good question.

Can you show how your Trello Card step is configured?

Userlevel 1

Hi @troldmand ,

Yes of course :

Kind regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alixloyal 

Have you checked your Zap Runs to see if the Zap has processed multiple times for the same Row across different Zap Runs?

The same data may be being pulled from this Zap step and processed again via the Looping step.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for your response !

Yes, I checked my zap executions, and indeed, the zap was processed several times for the same row in the executions.

I'm not sure I understand: what do you think the solution would be?

Kind regards,

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for your response !

Yes, I checked my zap executions, and indeed, the zap was processed several times for the same row in the executions.

I'm not sure I understand: what do you think the solution would be?

Kind regards,

For example, here is the history for the same task that has been executed 5 times, when I want it to be executed only once :

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alixloyal

Check the DATA OUT from Step 3 for each of these 5 Zap Runs.

Since they each have the same timestamp, it appears this was an example where 5 records were found in Step 2 (GSheet) and each processed by the Looping app.

Otherwise, you may need to adjust the Step 2 logic, as the same record might be returned across different triggered Zap Runs, thus resulting in duplicates.

Maybe you can post screenshots with how Step 2 is configured so we can have more context about what that step is doing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @alixloyal! I was reading through your thread here and just wanted to know if you were able to figure out what was going on your Zap creating multiple Trello cards? 🤔 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @alixloyal! Were you able to find the answer to your looping problem with Troy’s help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, I wanted to jump in and try to summarize some of the recommendations/troubleshooting steps here:

Troy recommended checking the Zap Runs to see if the Zap processed multiple times for the same Row.

The same data may be being pulled from this Zap step and processed again via the Looping step.

And from there he suggested

Check[ing] the DATA OUT from Step 3 for each of these 5 Zap Runs.

Since they each have the same timestamp, it appears this was an example where 5 records were found in Step 2 (GSheet) and each processed by the Looping app.

Otherwise, you may need to adjust the Step 2 logic, as the same record might be returned across different triggered Zap Runs, thus resulting in duplicates.