Best answer

lookup key from Trigger (smartsheet) not shown.

• 28 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Setup a trigger for a smartsheet containing many fields. Next action is a formatter step but it will not list the smartsheet field to use in the lookup key field. Smartsheet has a valid connection and I have tested and added a new row, tested the trigger and everything.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 5 October 2022, 01:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @aculpepp 
Good question.

Have you reviewed the available help articles for using Smartsheet in Zaps?

https://zapier.com/apps/smartsheet/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! It looks like @aculpepp was able to get to the bottom of this on their own! I wanted summarize some of the findings from the support ticket in case it’s helpful:

...instead of being able to read the fields like it should it requires you to populate every single field with data else it doesn’t recognize it and it creating a test trigger doesn’t do this, you have to edit the sheet add a bunch of test data before it sees the field

My friends in support also mentioned:

[There is an internal] ... note about a save option being in the upper left hand corner of the sheet and how that can affect what values appear in the trigger sample.

While it may not be related the thought is that this may happen when data has not been "Saved" in a Smartsheet row yet. The solution being to enter some data in a row of your Smartsheet, then click the "Save" icon in top-left of the sheet.

Thanks again for raising this in community and happy zapping! ⚡️