Question

Links not expanding in Slack

• 16 March 2023
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi! I want to send a link to Slack through a Zapier Scheduler, but the link is not expanding properly in Slack, even though I have set Auto-Expand Links to “Yes”. 

The link is from Mixpanel and I have already set up the Mixpanel/Slack integration for links to unfurl.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Friday Finance, welcome to the Community! 

Is the link that you’re sharing one that’s been shared/unfurled in Slack before? I know that Slack will generally not auto-expand the same link twice. If you think this might be the case, could you try with a different link to see if that solves the issue?

If not, we’ll need some more information to understand what might be happening. Could you please share a screenshot of:

1. What the link looks like in the Slack action in Zapier (a screenshot of the Zap action showing the link)
  2. The data in and data out for a Zap run where a link didn’t unfurl (you can find that in your Zap history)

Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!