Question

LinkedIn Error: You passed {raw: true} in request() - the response.content property is not available! Try response.body.pipe() for streaming, response.buffer() for a buffer, or response.text() for string.

• 23 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello @ken.a,

Just to let you know that i tried to add a picture URL to a LinkedIn post today and got this error :

You passed {raw: true} in request() - the response.content property is not available! Try response.body.pipe() for streaming, response.buffer() for a buffer, or response.text() for string.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @JacksonAndKent,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Especially, the “Action” section showing all of the fields in the LinkedIn step. Here’s the screenshot of what I’m after:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi @ken.a, here it is :

If I test this, i get the error.

If i remove the “Content - Image URL” field, the test passes.

The image URL is this one : https://jacksonandkent.bitbucket.io/marketing/images/linkedin_posts/risk_management_quiz.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JacksonAndKent! 👋

Thanks for sharing that helpful screenshot here. It looks like the Zap is having some trouble accessing the image file. Is it this image specifically that’s erroring or does it also error when you try using other images instead?

It looks like the link is publicly-accessible so I’m thinking it could be something else that’s causing the error. I spotted that the Content - Description field is blank, so I’m wondering if perhaps that field might need to be filled out when the Content - Image URL field has a value. I’ve seen similar issues occur with other apps so I’m wondering if that might be the cause here.

It’s a bit of a long shot, but could you try adding a value into that Content - Description field to see if it then allows the image to be posted without error? 

Looking forward to hearing how that goes!

Thanks @SamB for your answer.

The Content - Description field had nothing to do with it.

But, as you suggested, i tried with an other image and it works :

I tried with resized version (600px wide instead of 1200px, 100px high instead of ~300) and with a .jpg version. I don’t get it.

I’ve uploaded the image to webflow assets and it works…

So it seems to be related to bitbucket hosting… that’s weird !

The one that works : https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/61ae2da4edf223ba76455821/649c2e45dd142039d6e17098_risk_management_quiz.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JacksonAndKent,

I’m glad to know that you have found the culprit of the issue. Using the hosting provider that works should be the fix here. Have you tested this out thoroughly? Please let us know if the issue still persists after using a different hosting provider.

Thanks! 😊

Thanks @SamB for your answer.

The Content - Description field had nothing to do with it.

But, as you suggested, i tried with an other image and it works :

I tried with resized version (600px wide instead of 1200px, 100px high instead of ~300) and with a .jpg version. I don’t get it.

I have checked the media URL returned by Instagram, it seems that the URL includes a timestamp. so, the link might expired.
when it has expired the action has failed.

here is an example of the url returned from Instagram
https://scontent-iad3-2.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.29350-15/355196422_6307360876012778_349684861255950038_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8ae9d6&_nc_ohc=armB9QZWehIAX-wUU0a&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.cdninstagram.com&edm=ANo9K5cEAAAA&oh=00_AfB1w2XgoCID1cPP7aAy88E1_tFqRjYCGmUSlPWa6AdZjQ&oe=649B48BA

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @mohhasbias,

I checked the URL and it returned an error of “URL signature expired” . That said, if the issue is within the editor, you will need to pull in a fresh data sample, as it is likely that when testing the Instagram step, the Zap is still using the old sample data selected, which now has expired links.

You can learn more on how to change the test data on your trigger here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093-Change-the-test-data-in-your-Zap-trigger#1-select-new-trigger-test-data-0-0

Hopefully, this helps.