Question

LinkedIn error: The "Preview URL" field can't be blank if the Image, Title, or Description fields have a value.

• 8 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a problem with an integration from Facebook page to LinkedIn page. The error I get is:

Step 2. Create Company Update in LinkedIn

This LinkedIn step hit an error.

Error message: The "Preview - URL" field cannot be blank if the Image, Title, or Description fields have a value. Please enter a value for the "Preview - URL" field.

This is what I have for the mappings… I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Help is appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tknman0700 

Are you getting that error when testing the Zap step manually while you are configuring the Zap OR when the Zap is on in a Zap Run?

https://zapier.com/app/history/

I get the error when I run it either by hand or when it runs automated.

The trigger is new post by you in facebook page

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tknman0700 

Click on the Zap Run to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

The error is: 

Error message: The "Preview - URL" field cannot be blank if the Image, Title, or Description fields have a value. Please enter a value for the "Preview - URL" field.

Im not sure how to fix this - I have it mapped to the FB Link. My intent is to take the user to the post on Facebook, but in this case it failed for some reason and I have no idea why. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tknman0700 

Please post screenshots of the DATA IN/OUT from your Zap Run steps to give us full context.