Question

LinkedIn error: Raw request failed. Problem executing your request. Error parsing response.

• 18 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Î want to create a zap which searches for and connects with every user name, I add to a Google Sheet.
Below you can see what Zapier suggested me and I connected Sheets and LinkedIn. However, when I test step 2 (settings below) I get an error message (see bottom screenshot). Is something wrong with the given url or parameter? 

And - once this works - how can I sepcify which of the resulting users to connect with, in case there is more than one result for a given name from the sheet?  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @c219118, welcome to the Community! 👋

Hmm, I’m not super familiar with LinkedIn’s API but that URL doesn’t look right to me. I’d have thought that it would reference an endpoint specific to users in some way.

Looking at their API documentation it appears you could potentially use the Find Profile by VanityName endpoint - assuming the usernames are the same as the vanitynames? Otherwise it seems like you’d need to use the Retrieve Other Member's Profile endpoint but that would require you to search for the person using their ID, so may not be ideal if you don’t have that. So I’m not sure this is going to be possible.

In the meantime, we’ve got an existing feature request to have a find person action added to the LinkedIn app so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for it. I can’t make any promises around when/if that would definitely be added by but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

If you do end up giving those other endpoints a try and get it working please let us know, would love to hear from you! 🙂