Best answer

Lexoffice error: Failed to create a file in Lexoffice, unable to upload file. The file type is not supported.

• 23 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Dear community,

I’m currently trying to have Zapier perform an action on lexoffice (bookkeeping software) when a trigger (payment made on the bank account) occurs. In the setup, I have successfully linked both accounts and now am facing the third step of the “Action” (which is the upload of a bookkeeping document when a payment is made).

As far as I understand it, Zapier creates a document every time the trigger is triggered and uploads it to lexoffice. Therefore, I have to provide a filename (with extension) that can consist of one or more of the pre-defined “attributes” or “IDs” (see screenshot). I then have to add a file extension for Zapier to know which format the created file is supposed to have.

Now what I’m struggling with is the second input field - what do I have to choose there? I have the same options to pick from as in the first input field - all of those attributes are related to the specific payment.

I have already tried choosing different attributes, adding .pdf to the file name, but in every case, as I test the action, an error occurs (see screenshot #2).

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot #1:

Screenshot #2:

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 06:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Vitamin 13! Thanks for reaching out. 🤗

I noticed you were able to open a ticket with my teammates in support - which is perfect. I wanted to drop their response here in case it’s helpful for anyone else following!

...the reason you're seeing this error is that the step 2. Upload Document for Bookkeeping Purposes in lexoffice requires a file object, to be uploaded. This action doesn't actually create a file, it uploads an existing one instead.

I've looked at the trigger data from bunq, and it doesn't include a file object that we can upload to lexoffice. 

I've submitted a feature request to the bunq team to include the Transaction Summary in the trigger data. I've added your email to it, which does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I can't guarantee if this will be implemented, or a timeline, we will send you an email if it is!

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds we can use:
  • if you download the documents into a Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox folder, for instance, this can be used as a trigger
  • if the document is sent to you by email, this can be used as a trigger as well

Essentially, if the document is sent somewhere outside of your bunq account, we can explore that alternative. 

I hope this helps!