Skip to main content

Hey there, 

I have been trying to link purchases via a booking software (Hapana) > Zapier > Klaviyo and I keep getting an error message at the Klaviyo step:

We couldn't validate this step

AxiosError: Request failed with status code 404

Zapier never asked me for a private API Key for Klaviyo just an approval to access information (Below) 

Could this be the issue? 

I’m also getting this error message when I try to run the test for the”Create or Update Profile” Klaviyo step: 

Any help is appreciated - thanks! 

Hi @ClaireV 

For us to have more info about the error, post screenshots showing how the Klaviyo Zap step is configured for the “Configure” section.

Hi Troy, Thanks so replying so quickly! 

This is how I have it configured: 

@ClaireV 

The error may be due to the dummy data values being used for the dynamic variables.

Try testing with real data.

NOTE: You can click on the Field Labels to see tooltips about the field that often contain descriptions about the expected values and formats.

Hi Troy, 

Thanks for that suggestion - I was still getting the error with real data but when I removed the phone number field it worked! As they register via the booking system the phone number must register some people with area codes and some without and I think it was messing everything up. 

Might just try to plow ahead without phone numbers for now. 

Thanks!!

Hi @ClaireV 👋

Great work on identifying the cause of those errors! 🙌 

I did some checking on this end and it appears that the phone number needs to be in E.164 format (for example +12345678901). So I wanted to suggest adding a Formatter (Numbers > Format Phone Number) action to convert the phone numbers into the format that Klaviyo expects, which should help to prevent those errors going forward.

Hope that helps. If you run into any further issues or questions do let us know!