Best answer

Kajabi “tag added” trigger comes with empty email field

• 20 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys! I need your help with Kajabi missing data in fields “email” and “phone” when using trigger Tag added. I checked that it’s passing email and phone data with other triggers like “New purchase” but using different fields name. I didn’t do any changes. Tried turning on and off, creating new zap, same thing. Is there anyone else experiencing the same issue? I need your help with this, our whole business relies on this one feature. Huge thanks to everyone in advance.

icon

Best answer by ibum-anastasia 20 January 2024, 08:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ibum-anastasia 

To help us have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

You may want to try reaching out to Kajabi Support to inquire whether those data points are provided for that triggers.

Userlevel 1

Well Kajabi support is no help at this point with sending me to the Zapier troubleshoot page, unfortunately. 
I guess there’s no point in providing the screenshot of the whole chain when the first step - trigger - “Tag added” doesn’t get the data it was getting before. 
Here are screenshots of the test record for the Kajabi’s trigger “tag added “ before and now, and also a screenshot of the test record with the trigger “New purchase”. Green ones are successful ones and the red one what I’m fighting now. Again, there was no changes on my end. I was hoping I am not alone with this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ibum-anastasia 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ibum-anastasia 

You may want to try turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check the Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot:

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

Thank you, I will open a ticket. All my zaps are stopped because of this, it’s a disaster. I just checked the “data out” and here are the screenshots of before (green) and now (red), and last one is empty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ibum-anastasia 

To prevent Zap Run errors, you an add a Filter step, if it’s only happening for certain Contacts.

The data originates from a Kajabi webhook, so my guess is there is an issue with Kajabi.

Kajabi Status doesn’t report any ongoing/recent incidents: https://status.kajabi.com/

Userlevel 1

SOLVED:

I checked every corner, and finally found that there’s some archived form fields that have the same name, that was confusing the system. There were 2 “Email” fields, one system and one custom, and 2 “Phone number” fields, same here. Once I changed the names of the custom ones, the system data went through.

There was probably some sort of an update, because I haven’t touched anything in the form fields for a long time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @ibum-anastasia! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!

Also, thank you for sharing the solution here. This will be helpful to our other awesome Community members who might have a similar issue in the future.

Happy Zapping!⚡️