Question

Kajabi error: Required field "First" (name) is missing.

• 14 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Live Webinar to Kajabi.

I have a trigger set up that when someone completes a form on Live Webinar a Zap should complete a form on Kajabi. When I test the form it tests correctly. When I go through the the steps (going to Live Webinar to sign up) I receive the below error:

Kajabi

Required field "First" (name) is missing.

I reached out to Kajabi and updated my form so it’s not trying to add a custom field. But it’s not firing. Kajabi support recommended I delete it and build it again - which I’ve done twice. Does anyone know if there’s a special coding or something required to populate it? Below is a screenshot of what it’s supposed to complete.

Thank you for your help!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TPMMorgan 

Check your Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

You can see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot.

@Troy Tessalone  thanks for responding! I ran the report and it’s showing there’s an error on the Kajabi end. Any idea how to fix it? 

This is what it shows on my zap

Thank you for helping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TPMMorgan 
When you see this {{variable}} in the Zap Run it means the mapped variable was invalid.

Data from live Zap Runs can different in structure and naming conventions vs what is used to configure/test the Zap in EDIT mode.

You may need to configure custom pill mapping to resolve the issue.

Thank you @Troy Tessalone. Unfortunately, that still did not help. I configured a custom pill but it is not working. I pulled the long form name and updated it to just say “first” but it’s still giving me an error.

For reference, this is the shows

{{231193580__widgetRegistrant__first}}

I updated it to say {{231193580__first}} and then I tried {{231193580__widget__first}}

However, I’m still getting the below error. I have tried different variations of the long-form but every time I try to publish the zap with a custom pill, it tells me it’s incorrect

Am I missing something? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TPMMorgan 

Post the DATA OUT from a Zap Run Step 1 to give us more context about that data point.

@Troy Tessalone  this is the record it’s pulling. There’s a lot more fields but are related to the actual event and not the person. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TPMMorgan 

In this example, the data is structured like this:

{{231193580__widgetRegistrant__Registratant_Name}} or {{231193580__widgetRegistrant__Registratant_name}}

@Troy Tessalone Thanks! I tried modifying the pull to say {{231193580__widgetRegistrant__Registratant_Name}} and {{231193580__widgetRegistrant__Registratant_name}} and am still receiving this error:

The default form on Kajabi is “First”. If I try to modify it to say “First Name” or “Registrant Name” then it becomes a custom field. Apparently, Zapier can’t talk to Kajabi’s custom fields (according to Kajabi’s customer support). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TPMMorgan 

It may be best to consider hiring help with a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts