Best answer

Kajabi error: Failed to create a submission in Kajabi. Required field "Email" (email) is missing.

• 15 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Here’s what I’m trying to do:

1. a member joins my facebook group and types their email, as a response to question 3 which collects contact info
  2. upon accepting them into group, GroupKit (a chrome extension) updates a google sheets with a new row containing name and other info (including question 3 answer, their email)
  3. that triggers a zap which SHOULD create a new form - which is the lead magnet - and add that name+email to my contacts list automatically as soon as i approve within facebook

the problem is this:

when I test the zap I get the error:

Failed to create a submission in Kajabi

Required field "Email" (email) is missing.

the email field within the google sheet is actually called “Q3” because when they type their email, it’s the answer to the third question in the fb group. i dont want to break anything by renaming rows in the spreadsheet that zapier is using. so not sure how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 07:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ajmiller 

Good question.

Based on the returned errors, it seems like you may need to remap the email variable in the Zap step.

Please post screenshots with how each of your Zap steps is configured in order for us to have proper context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Ajmiller! I wanted to swing by and see if you were able to get this sorted?

It looks like you were able to open a ticket with my friends in support - which is perfect! After identifying the email formats from the spreadsheet were missing or had incorrect formatting they recommended giving this a try:

You mentioned that the data in your spreadsheet comes from Facebook. Are you running a lead ad on Facebook by any chance? If that's the case, you may want to consider using the Facebook Lead Ads app integration in Zapier. That way, the email address of the lead is captured.

I’d recommend continuing to troubleshoot in your ticket if you have additional questions.

Definitely keep us in the loop though - we’d love to know your final solution!

Userlevel 1

hi, im using -

GroupKit extension - which creates a spreadsheet entry whenever i approve a new member in my fb group

kajabi - when a new entry appears on the above spreadsheet, it’s supposed to create a new form and add the contact’s name and email

there’s no ads or anything like that, just groupkit, google sheets, kajabi, and zapier trying to work together

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gotcha, @Ajmiller! I’d definitely recommend you passing this along in your ticket. It’s going to be the best way to get to the bottom of this. 🙂

Userlevel 1

i emailed them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! I wanted to swing by and update the thread with a few details from the support topic:

Sounds like the recommended zap looks like this:

1. Trigger Google Sheets: New or Update Spreadsheet Row
  2. Action (Filter by Zapier): allow the next step to continue if the "Q3 Answer" field contains an email address
  3. Action (Kajabi): Create Form Submission

That way, only contacts with an email address are added to Kajabi. To learn more about Filter by Zapier, kindly click here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters.

I hope this helps! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hey friends! I wanted to swing by and update the thread with a few details from the support topic:

Sounds like the recommended zap looks like this:

1. Trigger Google Sheets: New or Update Spreadsheet Row
  2. Action (Filter by Zapier): allow the next step to continue if the "Q3 Answer" field contains an email address
  3. Action (Kajabi): Create Form Submission

That way, only contacts with an email address are added to Kajabi. To learn more about Filter by Zapier, kindly click here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters.

I hope this helps! 🤗

thanks, i am going to see if i get any more error notices