Best answer

Jotform to QuickBooks | Invoice Creation from new order form submission

Hi,

we would like to connect our order form submission to our QB database.

Logic:

→ On form submission

→ Find customer

→ If customer exists, create new invoice with line item(s)

→ If the customer doesn’t exist, create new customer entry + invoice (with line items)

Current Zap flow:

1. New Submission in Jotform

2. Find or Create Customer (Find Customer in QuickBooks Online, if customer doesn’t exist, create new one is checked)

3. Create Invoice in Quickbooks Online

We are running into the following error on step 3 if we are using the QB ‘Display Name’, QB ‘Fully Qualified Name’, QB ‘Given Name’ or QB ‘Family Name’. 

Please see screenshots attached for reference. 

Would love to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 9 November 2022, 22:34

View original

12 replies

Looks like the screenshot attachments are not loading. They can be accessed here: https://we.tl/t-mEuDLnSECH - Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @BionicGirl

The reason this is happening is because you need to pass the Customer ID not any other value. You will find the ID in the previous step whether its a Create Customer or Find Customer. 

Thanks MohSwellam, 

great thanks so much, I tried that before and it worked, but wasn’t sure if that was the correct way of going about it!

A general question when linking Jotform to Quickbooks:

If I wanted a field value from jotform to populate in Quickbooks, how would I need to prepare my Quickbooks to receive that value? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Glad it worked @BionicGirl . Please mark it as answer :) 

Regarding the field value, what is the value? I mean, what does it represent? Is it something you want to show on the invoice for example? Where should the value go in Quickbooks ?

For example in Jotform the field name would be “Garment Type” with a value of “Dress Shirt” for example. And yes, I would love to show that value on the invoice next to the value for the price field (which is already populating in QB). Please see attached for reference.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @BionicGirl 

Unfortunately your attachment didn't upload correctly. 

But to answer your question, you can add that as a Product so it can show in the invoice. 

Thanks MohSwellam,

it’s something with the platform, it doesn’t show an error when I upload an attachment and I can view it fine when I click on the attachment...but here is a link to the image: https://we.tl/t-jL1VjPCG5q

Could you be a bit more specific on how to go about this exactly. 

What do I need to do in QB or Zapier exactly in order to have the value populate in QB if the field in Jotform is field name would be “Garment Type” ?

Thanks, so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the screenshot. Well the best way is to have a Airtable / Google sheet where you can add all your Products. Then have a zap that creates Products in QBO once you add a product to that table AND returns the Product ID to Airtable (because that is what QBO will expect).

You can use an Airtable form (or a Jotform) and once someone submits the form, we search for the product in that table to get the product ID then pass that to QBO. 

Does that make sense? 

Hi,

thanks but the solution needs to work with the current set-up (after Jotform submission the value of the dropdown field for “Garment Type” needs to be pulled into Quickbooks), so I am not understanding as how what you described would work in this regard exactly.

All I really need to know is how to set-up Quickbooks to be able to receive the value and then add a zap action to the workflow. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Let me know if I understand correctly, you want the invoice on Quickbooks to show the name of the product (which is the Garment Type), correct? 

The below is an image of a Quickbooks invoice

To add anything here, it has to first be a product on Quickbooks. 

ALTERNATIVELY, you can have a Custom Field in QBO (but it won't be in this format of Qty / Rate / Amount , etc.) and just have it as a text field where you can fill text in it. 

“Garment Type” is the dropdown in Jotform. Values could be “Suit”, “Dress Shirt”, etc. 

I need those values appear as per screenshot:  https://we.tl/t-jL1VjPCG5q under where it says “Custom Clothing” next to the price. How do I accomplish this exactly?

Do I need to add a field next to the “Custom Clothing” field that is labeled “Garment Type” (same as in Jotform) in QB? And if so, how do I link it in the zap?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

So the item is Custom Clothing, then Dress Shirt would be the Description, you can pass this value from Jotforms to the Description field :)