Question

Jira - updated issue zap - can't find kanaban board under projects in zap

• 25 August 2023
  • 3 replies

So basically, I’ve set up a zap to pull through JIRA tickets with specific labels in a specific board to notion and that works fine. 

Now I’m setting up a zap so that when an issue in JIRA with those labels in that board gets updated then it finds and updates the notion item. But I can’t find my board under projects when setting up the JIRA updated issue zap, despite being an admin for the board.

• I’ve tried using the board ID in the custom field but that doesn’t work.
  • I don’t want to create a new zap for each project as there are a lot of projects and some new ones get added daily. 
  • I’ve tried using JQL Query in the custom field instead of choosing the project but the zap doesn’t seem to like the query I use despite it working in the new item in JIRA with those labels send to notion zap. 
  • I know there is the filter by zapier thing but with this I can only filter by assignee and labels but not by board, and I’m only on the free trial so it’s not sustainable long term.

Is there anyway around this please?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @stardive 

Good question.

You’d likely need a Zapier paid plan to find/update a Notion item as that would be a 3 step Zap.

1. Trigger: Jira - Updated Issue
  2. Action: Notion - Find Item
  3. Action: Notion - Update Item

@Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for the reply!

That’s fine, I’m just looking for a way to pull through the project board while on the free trial to see if that’s even possible to do as if it’s not then I won’t need the zap at all and I can try to find another way to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stardive 

Can you post screenshots of the Jira board you are trying to use along with the issue you are having in the Zap step?