Question

Jira Software Cloud: Unable to update issue

• 20 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

This is about the Jira Software Cloud integration. I’m finding recently updated Jira issues as a trigger and using a regex to modify the urls from a customfield. Then I send back this result in a different custom field

The results from this operation seem to work correctly

When updating the same record I found, there are some required customfields. In this case, both these customfields and issue key are filled out with the object data found in the first place, so I make sure they are not empty. As an example: 

This is the error: 

I suspect this might have something to do with customfields being required and depending on other customfields, but there are literally hundreds of them. Would setting ALL the customfields in Jira as “not required” solve this issue? Any other quick fixes you can think about?

Also, is there any other action apart from “Update an issue” that allows you to edit issues without having to fill out any required fields? I only need to update one field, maintaining the rest as it is.

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Integration Account,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send over a screenshot showing all the fields in your “Update Issue” step? It’d be super helpful to ensure everything’s set up correctly. Sometimes, there are dropdown fields that need specific data for the Zap to work.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi Ken!

As you can see tmost of the fields are empty, except those required and the one I’m trying to update (customfield_website_url). Hope this helps!

Hi @Integration Account,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send over a screenshot showing all the fields in your “Update Issue” step? It’d be super helpful to ensure everything’s set up correctly. Sometimes, there are dropdown fields that need specific data for the Zap to work.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi @ken.a ! Sorry forgot to tag you in my response. Screenshots are above :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Integration Account,

Thanks for the screenshots!

It looks like these dropdown fields requires an ID:

02e3cb747c12525213d1c87876f9a693.png
(view larger)

ce52bf236d83193814736b3e38104cf9.png
(view larger)

50f66586545c91c4040ad6c93fbdb50d.png
(view larger)

e054dae96d07d646afeac4d59de30598.png
(view larger)

6101a910130db1c5e56cd04ebc233ebe.png
(view larger)

4c9416cf6ddc194f04e6ba5365395df1.png
(view larger)

2e65bd5cebfeb67d3abe6241a5056a38.png
(view larger)

If the trigger doesn’t return the ID of those dropdown fields you might need to add a Lookup Table.

You can learn more about the Lookup Table here: 

Hopefully, this helps!